Polenta Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta, Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, White Mushroom, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Red Pepper, Salt, Marinara Sauce, Vegetable Oil, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Spring
- Occasions: Cocktail Party, Everyday, Sporting Event, Picnic
- 1 tube precooked polenta, sliced
- 16 oz.(454g) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 26 oz.(728g) marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 oz.(112g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Polenta Lasagna directions
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Sauté garlic and onion in vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes while stirring often. Add mushrooms to the mixture, and continue cooking until they are slightly browned. Remove the mixture from the heat.
In a mixing bowl, combine egg with 1/2 of the parmesan cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, and basil.
Coat an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with non-stick spray, then cover the bottom of the pan with a small amount of marinara sauce. Top the sauce with polenta slices, ensuring that there are no large gaps. Cover the polenta with another layer of the marinara sauce.
Add 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture, followed by 1/2 of the vegetables.
After adding the vegetables, continue layering more polenta, sauce, ricotta and vegetables. Top the lasagna with polenta and sauce. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 50 minutes. Cover the top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese. Then, continue baking for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the dish, cover it, and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve the lasagna with the rest of the parmesan cheese.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Polenta Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!