Pesto Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME10 minutes
- Dishes: Pesto
- Ingredients: Chicken, Garlic, Basil, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Walnut, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Grilling, Blender
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Birthday Party, Picnic
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cup plus 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Pesto Stuffed Chicken directions
Combine 2/3 cup olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, walnuts, and basil and pulse in a food processor until it is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine 1/2 pesto, pepper, and ricotta cheese in a bowl and mix.
Cover chicken breast with salt. In the thickest part of the breast, cut to make a pocket. Pack the pesto mixture in the pocket and smooth the edge closed. Seal the pocket with a toothpick. Drizzle the remainder of the olive oil onto the chicken.
Heat grill. Grill the chicken 4 to 5 minutes and carefully turn the chicken over. Grill for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the juices run clear. Remove the toothpicks and top the chicken with the remainder of the pesto sauce.
More Pesto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pesto Stuffed Chicken
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!