Pesto Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto, Pesto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Pecan, Vegetable Broth, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking, Blender
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 4 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 64 oz. (1800 ml.) vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Pesto Risotto directions
Heat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
Heat half of the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion to the pan and cook until it becomes softened and clear. Add rice and garlic, and season the mixture with salt and pepper. While stirring, cook the mixture for 4 minutes until the rice becomes toasted. Stir 2 cups of water and the broth into the mixture. Transfer it immediately to the oven to bake the mixture 25 minutes.
With a blender, puree the remaining olive oil, half the parmesan cheese, basil, and pecans. Process the mixture until it is well blended.
Remove the risotto and stir the remaining parmesan cheese into the risotto. Continue baking for 5 minutes until the rice becomes tender. Add the pesto sauce and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pesto Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!