Pesto Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna, Pesto
- Ingredients: Egg, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Cottage Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: Main Course
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Chanukah, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Everyday
- 14 oz.(400g.) pesto sauce
- 32 oz.(900g.) cottage cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
How to make Pesto Lasagna directions
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Sauté an onion in a large skillet with olive oil until it becomes tender. Remove the skillet from heat and mix with pesto.
In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, cottage cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Layer 3 lasagna noodles followed by pesto sauce, cottage cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process until no ingredients are left, ending with 3 noodles on the top. On the top, put sauce and parmesan cheese.
Cover the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes before uncovering and baking for an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Let the lasagna cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pesto Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!