Pesto Burgers Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Pesto
- Ingredients: Beef, Tomato, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Lettuce, Italian Rolls, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking
- Cooking Method: Grilling
- Courses: Breads, Finger Foods, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Meals For Two, Potluck, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Sporting Event, Birthday Party, Picnic
- 2 Italian rolls, split
- 4 tomato slices
- 8 oz.(227g.) ground beef
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Pesto Burgers directions
Combine ground beef, salt, and half of the pesto in a bowl. Shape the ground beef into 2 thin oval patties.
Brush olive oil on the cut side of each roll.
Place the patties on a greased grill rack directly over medium temperature coals. Grill the burgers 10 to 12 minutes or until the beef turns brown. Turn the burgers halfway through cooking. Top each of the burger patties with a slice of mozzarella. Cover the grill, and continue grilling until the cheese melts. Place the rolls on the grill 1 to 2 minutes on each side until they are toasted.
Place lettuce on the toasted bread, and top each with the burger patties, tomato slices, and remaining pesto.
More Pesto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pesto Burgers
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!