Pasta With Tomato Sauce Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Salt, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Kids-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Halloween, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Sporting Event, Birthday Party, Picnic
- 8 medium size tomatoes, diced
- 8 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 oz. (560g.) large spiral pasta
- 5 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
How to make Pasta With Tomato Sauce directions
Bring salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Gently fry chopped garlic. Once the garlic begins to become slightly colored, add in the diced tomato pieces. Continue to cook the mixture for several minutes, while stirring occasionally. If there is a lot of juice coming out of the tomatoes, increase the heat slightly until the level of liquid is reduced. Add in basil, stir, and reduce heat.
Transfer the noodles to the frying pan. Pour the mixture into a large pasta bowl, and add grated cheese to the dish before serving.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pasta With Tomato Sauce
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!