Pasta With Cheese Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta
- Ingredients: Chicken, Tomato, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Heavy Cream, Parmesan Cheese, Provolone Cheese, Cheddar Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: First Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Sporting Event, Picnic
- 8 oz.(227g.) boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 3 oz.(85g.) shredded provolone cheese
- 3 oz.(85g.) white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g.) crushed tomatoes with basil
- 8 oz.(227g.) penne pasta
- 4 oz.(112g.) heavy cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz.(60g.) grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
How to make Pasta With Cheese directions
Cook pasta in lightly salted water for 8-10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
Cook chicken breast and onion in a skillet with olive oil, stirring frequently. Once the chicken turns a golden brown color, mix in crushed tomatoes and basil, and then simmer for 12 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
In a baking dish, layer half of the pasta, heavy cream, provolone cheese, and half of the chicken mixture, followed by the remainder of the pasta, white cheddar, and the remainder of the chicken mixture and grated parmesan cheese.
Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pasta With Cheese
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!