Pasta Sauce Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Sugar, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Vinegar, Salt
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Make-Ahead Meals, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Halloween, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Picnic
- 2 cans (28 oz. or 794g.) whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- Salt to taste
How to make Pasta Sauce directions
Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat the skillet over medium heat. While the skillet is heating, cut the onions and garlic to add to the skillet. Cook the onion and garlic until they are tender, which should take 5- 6 minutes.
Mix in vinegar, sugar, crushed red pepper, and chopped tomatoes to the mixture. Increase temperature until the mixture begins to boil. Then, reduce the heat and simmer for about 25-30 minutes. Add salt to taste.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pasta Sauce
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!