Pasta Fazool Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME55 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta
- Ingredients: Red Beans, Beef, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Salt, Parsley, Tomato Paste, Sausage, Parmesan Cheese, Provolone Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Organic Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Christmas, Valentines Day, Chanukah, New Year
- Seasons: Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Cocktail Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 6 oz.(170g.) provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (7 oz. 200g.) drained red beans
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g.) diced tomatoes
- 8 oz.(227g.) ground beef
- 8 oz.(227g.) any pasta
- 8 oz.(227g.) Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small onion
- 1 oz.(28g.) parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic,chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Pasta Fazool directions
Preheat the oven to 400°F (205° C).
Boil salted water in a large pot. Add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until it is al dente. Drain the pasta.
Cook Italian sausage, beef, onion, and garlic with olive oil in a sauce pan for 6-7 minutes until the beef and sausage are both brown. Add both tomato paste and tomatoes, and then simmer the mixture for 4-6 minutes. Mix in red beans and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the pasta, parmesan cheese, and parsley to the mix. Mix thoroughly and transfer to a baking dish. Lightly cover the top of the mix with shredded provolone cheese before baking for 25-30 minutes.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pasta Fazool
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!