Pasta Fagioli Traditional Italian Soup Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME55 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Soup
- Ingredients: Carrot, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Black Pepper, Salt, Beef Broth, Cilantro, Pinto Beans
- Meal Ideas: Organic Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling
- Courses: Soups, First Course, Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Authentic
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Chanukah, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Wedding, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 4 oz.(112g.) orecchiette pasta
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g.) beef broth
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g.) whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 can (15.5 oz. or 439g.) pinto beans
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Pasta Fagioli Traditional Italian Soup directions
Combine carrots, pinto beans, garlic, tomatoes with juice, basil and beef broth in a large pot.
Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer covered for 40 minutes.
Add pasta to the mixture, and cook uncovered for 10 minutes until the pasta is tender. Once the pasta is tender, add in chopped cilantro.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pasta Fagioli Traditional Italian Soup
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!