Parmesan Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME35 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Red Onion, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Meals For Two
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
How to make Parmesan Risotto directions
Heat the broth in a saucepan and simmer on low heat.
Melt the butter in a saucepan and add onion. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the rice to coat and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Slowly add the wine and cook until absorbed, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add salt to taste.
Pour in 1/2 cup of the broth, stirring until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the broth, a 1/2 cup at a time, letting it absorb before adding more until the rice is firm but tender and creamy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the butter and cheese. Season with salt.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Parmesan Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!