Oven Baked Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: 4th Of July
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Everyday
- 1 1/2 cups medium grain rice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Oven Baked Risotto directions
Preheat oven to 425°F(218°C).
In an ovenproof casserole dish, melt 2 tablespoons butter and sauté onion until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Ladle in the broth, 3/4 cup of hot water and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from oven and check consistency of the rice. It should be tender and creamy. If necessary, add more hot water. Stir in cheese and remaining butter. Serve on warm plates.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Oven Baked Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!