Oven Baked Mozzarella Cheese Meatballs Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Meatballs
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Parsley, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Picnic, Bachelor Party
- 1 pound (454g.) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 1/2 oz.(70g.) mozzarella cheese, cut in cubes
- 28 oz.(785g.) tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz.(227g.) angel hair pasta
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Oven Baked Mozzarella Cheese Meatballs directions
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190° C).
Mix together 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce and bread crumbs in a bowl. Stir egg, beef, parsley, garlic into the bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. Push 1 cheese cube into the middle of each ball, and seal it inside. Place the balls gently in a pan that has been covered by foil and greased. Bake meatballs in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Pour remaining tomato sauce into a saucepan. Cover the saucepan and while stirring frequently, simmer it over a medium heat. When the meatballs are done, stir them into the sauce and reduce heat to low. Cover the saucepan again. Stirring occasionally simmer until the meatballs have been cooked, which should be for an additional 10 minutes.
Bring salted water to a boil in a pot, add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until it is almost tender. Drain the pasta.
Transfer the pasta to a serving dish, top with sauce and meatballs and serve.
More Meatballs Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Oven Baked Mozzarella Cheese Meatballs
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!