Orecchiette With Pesto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME15 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Orecchiette
- Ingredients: Garlic, Basil, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Pine Nut, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Blender
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 8 oz. (227g.) orecchiette pasta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Orecchiette With Pesto directions
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.Add the pasta and cook in the water until it becomes al dente.
As the pasta is cooking, combine pine nuts, garlic, basil, and oil in a food processor, pulsing until it becomes smooth. Transfer the mixture to a pasta bowl, season with salt, and stir in cheese.
Ensure the pasta is drained, but reserve 1/2 cup of the water. Place the pasta back in the pot. Combine with the pesto and water and cook the mixture over a low heat. Toss the mixture until it becomes well coated. Move the pasta to a serving bowl then serve.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Orecchiette With Pesto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!