Orecchiette With Mushrooms Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME25 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Orecchiette
- Ingredients: Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Sour Cream, Shitake Mushrooms, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Authentic
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 24 oz. (680g.) shitake mushrooms,diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 oz. (560g.) orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Orecchiette With Mushrooms directions
Bring salted water to boil in a large pot. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain the pasta, place back in the pot and cover it.
Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. While stirring, cook mushrooms in the pan until soft. Mix in onion and garlic while stirring and cook until the mixture becomes fragrant which should take about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add cream to the mixture. Bring the heat up to high, until the mixture is brought to a boil. Reduce the heat so the mixture is simmering, and continue to cook until the sauce thickens which should take about 4 to 5 minutes. Add parmesan cheese to the mixture, and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Stir the pasta into the sauce, and cook the mixture until the pasta has been heated thoroughly.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Orecchiette With Mushrooms
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!