Orecchiette Pasta With Chicken Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME25 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Orecchiette
- Ingredients: Chicken, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Parsley, Sour Cream, White Wine, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Simmering
- Courses: First Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Authentic, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Chanukah, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Sporting Event, Picnic
- 1 pound (454g.) orecchiette pasta
- 10 oz.(280g.) boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 2 oz.(56g.) parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz.(227g.) sour cream
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Orecchiette Pasta With Chicken directions
Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
Cook onion in a saucepan with 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes until the onion is tender.
Add chicken to the saucepan and continue cooking for 6 to 8 minutes. Add white wine to the mix, and simmer for 4 minutes before adding sour cream. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
Place the cooked pasta into a large bowl. Cover the pasta with chicken. Sprinkle the top with cheese, and season with salt.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Orecchiette Pasta With Chicken
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!