Orecchiette Carbonara Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Orecchiette, Carbonara
- Ingredients: Egg, Black Pepper, Salt, Bacon, Shitake Mushrooms, Romano Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Sauteing
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 20 oz. (560g.) orecchiette pasta
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup pecorino romano cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cut in pieces
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Orecchiette Carbonara directions
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
In a large saucepan, cook bacon until it becomes crisp. Take the bacon out of the saucepan and set aside. In the same saucepan sauté onion over medium heat until it becomes tender. Add mushrooms and continue cooking for about 8 to 10 minutes.
In a bowl whisk together pecorino romano and eggs. Add the pasta to the mushrooms, stir and heat. Pour the cheese mixture on the pasta with mushrooms and stir until the sauce is creamy and the eggs are no longer raw. Stir bacon into the mixture and serve.
More Orecchiette Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Orecchiette Carbonara
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!