Mussels Marinara Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Marinara
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Oregano, Red Onion, Mussel
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Cocktail Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 32 oz.(908g.) fresh mussels, scrubbed and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz. or 800g.) whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to make Mussels Marinara directions
In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion in the skillet until they become tender. Add oregano and tomatoes to the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Stirring occasionally, cook 20 to 25 minutes.
Place mussels in the pan and cook them 10 minutes or until all of the mussels have opened. Transfer the mussels to a plate and serve with pasta.
More Marinara Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Mussels Marinara
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!