Mushroom Spinach Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, White Mushroom, Garlic, Spinach, Basil, Red Pepper, Salt, Butter, Spaghetti Sauce, Cottage Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals
- Holidays: Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Picnic
- 8 oz.(227g.) fresh white mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 oz.(900g.) cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 18 oz.(500g.) fresh spinach
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 28 oz.(784g.) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Mushroom Spinach Lasagna directions
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Boil salted water in a large pot. Add spinach to the pot and boil it for 2 minutes. Drain the spinach and chop it.
Sauté garlic and mushrooms in a skillet with butter over medium heat until the garlic is tender and there is some liquid in the skillet. Add the spinach to the mixture, stir, and season to taste with salt.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, basil, egg, salt, and pepper.
Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cover the bottom of the baking dish with spaghetti sauce, followed by 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the cheese, and 1/3 of the garlic mixture. Repeat this process two more times, with the last 3 lasagna noodles and spaghetti sauce going on top. Cover the top with parmesan cheese.
Cover the dish with foil and bake it for 45 minutes. Remove the foil, and continue to bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes. Remove the dish and let it cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Mushroom Spinach Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!