Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Stock, White Wine, Portabella Mushrooms, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Organic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 oz. (170g.) portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 oz. (28g.) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/6 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Mushroom Risotto directions
Heat the chicken stock in a pot. In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter on medium heat. Add garlic and cook for1 minute. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender. Remove mushrooms from pan.
Heat olive oil in the frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the rice and cook until golden. Slowly add the wine and stir until absorbed.
Add 1 cup chicken stock and stir until the rice is soaked. Repeat with another cup of stock until the rice absorbs the liquid. Cook until rice is almost tender.
Remove the frying pan from heat and mix with mushrooms, parmesan cheese and remaining butter. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Mushroom Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!