Mushroom Ravioli Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Egg, White Mushroom, Garlic, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Flour, Vegetable Oil, Portabella Mushrooms, Shitake Mushrooms, Ricotta Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Blender
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Chanukah
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Everyday, Birthday Party
- 6 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups portabella mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups white mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Mushroom Ravioli directions
In skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add garlic to the skillet, and cook for 1 minute. Sauté mushrooms until they become tender and their juice has evaporated. Season the mixture with salt. Remove the skillet from heat and let cool.
Place cheese and the mushroom mixture in a blender. Blend the mixture together until it becomes smooth. Set the mixture aside.
Place flour on top of a board. Mix in salt and create a well in the center of the flour. Add olive oil and drop eggs into the center of the well. Combine olive oil, flour, and eggs together. Gradually add enough warm water in order to make dough. Knead the dough well until it becomes smooth. Cover the dough, and let it sit 15 to 20 minutes.
Cut the newly formed dough into 4 different pieces and roll each of the pieces of the dough out into 1/8 inch sheets on a floured board.
Drop 1 teaspoon of filling 1 inch apart across the dough. Cover the filling with the second sheet of dough. Gently press between each spoonful of filling to seal the dough. Cut the ravioli using a sharp knife or pastry cutter. Let the ravioli dry 20 to 30 minutes before cooking.
Place the ravioli into a pot of boiling salted water until the ravioli begins to float up to the surface and the dough becomes tender. Drain the water and mix the ravioli gently with melted butter.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Mushroom Ravioli
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!