Mushroom Polenta Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME25 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta
- Ingredients: Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Portabella Mushrooms
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Birthday Party, Picnic
- 24 oz.(680g.) portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup polenta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
How to make Mushroom Polenta directions
Boil six cups of salted water and one tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan. Slowly whisk polenta into the liquid before reducing the heat to medium. Constantly stir the mixture until the polenta thickens, which should take about five minutes. The polenta is fully cooked once it has become creamy.
Over medium-high heat, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook it in the saucepan until it becomes tender. Add mushrooms and sauté the mushrooms 10 to 15 minutes until they become tender. Season the mixture with both salt and pepper. Serve the cooked mixture over creamy polenta.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Mushroom Polenta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!