Mushroom Pesto Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Pesto
- Ingredients: White Mushroom, Garlic, Basil, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Pecan, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Blender
- Courses: Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Authentic
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 6 oz.(170g.) white mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to make Mushroom Pesto directions
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add mushrooms. While stirring occasionally, sauté the mushrooms in the skillet for 10 minutes until the liquid is completely evaporated and the mushrooms start to brown. Add salt to taste.
Purée the mushroom mixture with the remaining olive oil, garlic, pecans, basil, and parmesan cheese in a food processor. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and serve with pasta.
More Pesto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Mushroom Pesto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!