Mushroom Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, White Mushroom, Garlic, Basil, Salt, Butter, Milk, Flour, Cottage Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Organic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Chanukah, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Everyday, Birthday Party
- 24 oz.(680g.) cottage cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 24 oz.(680g.) white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- Salt to taste
How to make Mushroom Lasagna directions
Bring salted water to boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
Place garlic and mushrooms in a skillet with melted butter and sauté them over a medium heat, stirring regularly, until the garlic is tender. Add salt and reduce the heat to a low setting. Add flour and cook for an additional minute while stirring constantly. Increase the heat to a medium setting, continue stirring constantly and slowly add milk. Continue to heat until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
In a mixing bowl, mix egg, basil, cottage cheese, and parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cover the bottom of the dish with 1/4 of the mushroom mixture, followed by 1/4 of the lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the cottage cheese, and 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process until you have 3 layers in the dish.
Cover the dish and place it in the oven for 35 minutes. Remove the cover from the dish and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Let the lasagna cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Mushroom Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!