Mushroom Asparagus Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Asparagus, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Shitake Mushrooms
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 cup carnaroli rice
- 1 cup asparagus, blanched and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Mushroom Asparagus Risotto directions
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until they give off their liquid. Remove from saucepan and set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and sauté onion and garlic until onion becomes tender. Add the rice and stir to coat. Add 1/2 cup broth and stir until absorbed. Repeat 1/2 cup broth at a time until all of the liquids are absorbed. Stir in asparagus before adding third 1/2 cup broth and cook until the rice is cooked but firm, about 20-25 minutes.
Remove the skillet from heat and mix in the mushrooms and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Mushroom Asparagus Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!