Mushroom And Leek Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME55 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Heavy Cream, Porcini Mushrooms, Leek
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 3/4 cup carnaroli rice
- 8 oz.(227g.) porcini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 small onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced, discard dark green parts
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Mushroom And Leek Risotto directions
Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). In a mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, onion and 2 tablespoons butter. Spread out on a cooking sheet with sides (so the liquid doesn’t spill off during cooking). Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 40-45 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft.
In a cooking pot, bring the cream and leeks to a boil. Reduce heat to a strong simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and simmer on low.
In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté shallot and garlic until tender. Add rice and stir to coat. Stir in 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed before adding more broth. Continue cooking this way until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20-25 minutes. You might not use all of the broth.
Stir in mushrooms, leeks with cream, remaining 1 tablespoon butter and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Mushroom And Leek Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!