Minced Meatballs Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Meatballs
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Cilantro, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Sauteing, Grilling, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Authentic
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Birthday Party
- 1 pound (454g.) minced beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 small onions, chopped, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cans (14.5 oz. or 400g.) diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Minced Meatballs directions
Combine 1 onion, cilantro, egg, half of the garlic, 1/6 cup water, and the minced beef in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Form the mixture into balls.
In a saucepan, heat the 2 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and onion and sauté until tender. Add tomatoes with juice and season with salt and pepper. Simmer the mixture uncovered until the tomato becomes softened, which should take about 30 minutes.
In a frying pan, heat remaining olive oil and cook the meatballs in the pan for around 10 minutes. Once the meatballs have been cooked, place them inside an ovenproof dish along with the tomato sauce. Top the mixture with mozzarella cheese, and place under a heated grill until the cheese has become melted.
More Meatballs Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Minced Meatballs
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!