Microwave Risotto With Chicken Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Chicken, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Microwave, Sauteing
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1/2 cup medium grain rice
- 6 oz.(170g.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 2/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Microwave Risotto With Chicken directions
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and cook the chicken breasts. Remove chicken from pan and cut into bite-sized pieces.
In a microwave-safe dish, mix together the rice and 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Microwave on high, uncovered, for 1 minute. Remove and stir in 1 1/3 cup chicken broth. Cover the dish and microwave on high for 6-7 minutes, turning the dish occasionally during cooking. Remove the cover, stir well, and microwave for 10-12 minutes more. Rice is done when tender and creamy and all the broth is absorbed.
While the rice is cooking, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Sauté the onion and garlic until onion becomes tender. Pour in the remaining 1/3 cup broth and heat through. Add the cooked chicken. Mix the chicken with the risotto. Serve on warm plates and sprinkle with cheese.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Microwave Risotto With Chicken
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!