Meatless Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: White Mushroom, Tomato, Garlic, Zucchini, Onion, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Salt, Green Bell Pepper, Tomato Paste, Cottage Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Vegetarian Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: First Course, Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Halloween
- Seasons: Fall, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Sporting Event, Picnic
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 can (28 oz. or 800g.) diced tomatoes
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 24 oz.(680g.) cottage cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 oz.(56g.) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 can (6 oz. or 170g.) tomato paste
- 2 cups white mushrooms, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10 oz.(280g.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Meatless Lasagna directions
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Put garlic and onion in the saucepan with oil and sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, peppers, and zucchini, stirring for 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat, cover, and let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine parmesan cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, and ricotta cheese.
Cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with 1/4 of the sauce, 3 lasagna noodles, and 1/3 of the mixed cheese. Repeat this process two more times. Top with any remaining sauce and noodles.
Cover the dish and bake it in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove the cover, and top the lasagna with remaining mozzarella cheese. Continue baking uncovered for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese melts. Remove and let the lasagna cool for 15 minutes before serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Meatless Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!