Macaroni With Smoked Cheese Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Macaroni, Pasta
- Ingredients: Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Flour, Cheddar Cheese, Gouda Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 8 oz.(227g.) elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Macaroni With Smoked Cheese directions
Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Bring salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook 8 minutes or until it is tender. Drain the pasta.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add flour. Cook 2 to 3 minutes and stir frequently. Whisk milk into the mixture and cook for 5 minutes until it becomes thick. Add 2/3 cup of each cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Combine the cheese sauce and macaroni in a large bowl. Pour it in an 8 x 8 inch greased baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining gouda and cheddar on top and bake 40 minutes until the cheese becomes both fizzy and golden.
More Macaroni Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Macaroni With Smoked Cheese
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!