Macaroni And Cheese With Spinach Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Macaroni, Pasta
- Ingredients: White Mushroom, Garlic, Spinach, Black Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Butter, Milk, Flour, Cheddar Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 8 oz. (227g.) elbow macaroni
- 6 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 oz. (112g.) white mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 5 oz. (140g.) fresh spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Macaroni And Cheese With Spinach directions
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and mushrooms, cooking until the mushrooms become tender. Add spinach to the mixture and cook until it is thoroughly heated. Remove the mixture from the heat.
Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle flour into the butter and, while stirring constantly, cook 3 minutes. Add milk to the mixture and whisk. Cook the mixture over medium heat until the mixture becomes thick. Remove the mixture from the heat. Add cheese and stir until the cheese melts. Add salt and pepper.
Bring salted water to a boil and cook macaroni in the water for 8 minutes or until it is tender. Drain.
Transfer the macaroni into a bowl. Pour the cheese on the macaroni. Add the spinach mix and stir. Spoon the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch greased baking dish.
Bake the dish in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Mix bread crumbs and 1 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter in a small bowl. Remove the dish from the oven and then sprinkle the bread crumbs across the macaroni. Return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the top of the macaroni becomes lightly browned.
More Macaroni Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Macaroni And Cheese With Spinach
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!