Macaroni And Cheese With Crab Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Macaroni, Pasta
- Ingredients: Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Crab Meat, Flour, Mozzarella Cheese, Cheddar Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 14 oz.(400g.) crab meat, cooked
- 8 oz.(227g.) elbow macaroni
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Macaroni And Cheese With Crab directions
Bring salted water to a boil and cook the macaroni for 7 to 8 minutes or until it is almost tender. Drain the macaroni, rinse with water and set aside.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir flour into the butter until it becomes smooth and slowly add milk. Bring the mixture to a boil, continue to stir and cook for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Stir the cheese into the mixture until it is thoroughly mixed. Remove the mixture from the heat, add the pasta and ensure it is mixed well.
Heat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
Place the macaroni into a 13 x 9 inch greased baking dish, and top it with the crab and mozzarella. Bake the dish for 15 to 20 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
More Macaroni Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Macaroni And Cheese With Crab
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!