Macaroni And Cheese With Chicken Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME15 minutes
- Dishes: Macaroni, Pasta
- Ingredients: Chicken, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Flour, Cheddar Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering, Broiling
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Make-Ahead Meals, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 12 oz.(336g.) elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 12 oz.(336g.) chicken breasts, cut in pieces
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Macaroni And Cheese With Chicken directions
Rub salt and pepper into the chicken breasts. In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and sauté the chicken until it turns golden brown. Set the skillet aside. After it cools, slice the chicken breasts.
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour to the saucepan and, while stirring, cook for 2 minutes. Gradually stir milk into the mixture, and bring the mixture to a boil. Continue stirring constantly, reduce the heat of the mixture and simmer. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese and continue stirring until the sauce becomes smooth. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
Add chicken and pasta to the sauce and mix everything together. Top the dish with any leftover cheddar cheese. Place the dish under a broiler for 5 minutes or until it becomes a light brown color.
More Macaroni Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Macaroni And Cheese With Chicken
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!