Macaroni And Cheese With Butternut Squash Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME50 minutes
- Dishes: Macaroni, Pasta
- Ingredients: Black Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Butter, Milk, Butternut Squash, Ricotta Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween
- Seasons: Fall, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 12 oz.(336g.) elbow macaroni
- 12 oz.(336g.) butternut squash, peeled
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Macaroni And Cheese With Butternut Squash directions
Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Cut butternut squash into pieces and combine with milk in a medium saucepan. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer the mixture until the squash becomes tender. Remove the saucepan from the heat source. Mash the squash in the saucepan and add salt and pepper to taste.
Boil water in a large pot, add the macaroni, and cook 8 to 10 minutes until it becomes al dente. Drain the macaroni, and move it to a large bowl. Stir in ricotta cheese, the squash mixture, and mozzarella cheese into the macaroni.
Move the macaroni to an 8 x 8 inch greased baking dish. Combine melted butter and bread crumbs in a small bowl, and sprinkle the crumbs on top of the macaroni.
Cover the dish and bake the macaroni for 20 minutes. Remove the cover and continue to bake until the macaroni becomes crisp and slightly browned. Serve.
More Macaroni Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Macaroni And Cheese With Butternut Squash
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!