Macaroni And Cheese With Broccoli Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME50 minutes
- Dishes: Macaroni, Pasta
- Ingredients: Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Broccoli, Flour, Parmesan Cheese, Cheddar Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Organic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Picnic
- 6 oz.(170g.) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 oz.(170g.) frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Macaroni And Cheese With Broccoli directions
Bring lightly salted water to a boil and cook macaroni for 8 minutes until it becomes tender. Drain the pasta.
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk flour into the pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes while continuously whisking. Whisk milk into the mixture. While stirring constantly, cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick. Remove the pan from the heat source. Add salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese, and stir until the cheese melts. Stir in macaroni and broccoli. Add salt and pepper.
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Transfer the macaroni and broccoli mixture to an 8 x 8 inch greased baking dish. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the macaroni. Bake the dish 25 to 30 minutes or until it becomes bubbly.
More Macaroni Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Macaroni And Cheese With Broccoli
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!