Macaroni And Cheese With Bacon Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Macaroni, Pasta
- Ingredients: Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Bacon, Flour, Cheddar Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 12 oz.(336g.) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 8 oz.(227g.) bacon slices
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Macaroni And Cheese With Bacon directions
Boil salted water and add macaroni. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes al dente. Drain the macaroni and place it aside.
In a skillet, fry bacon over medium heat. Put the bacon on a plate and let it drain. Drain the fat from the skillet, and add butter. Stir flour into the skillet, and slowly stir 3 cups of water and milk into the mixture. Stir the mixture continuously. Bring it to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add cheese to the mixture and heat it over low heat until the cheese melts. Add the cooked macaroni to the cheese mixture and mix together. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it on top.
More Macaroni Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Macaroni And Cheese With Bacon
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!