Low Fat Vermicelli Carbonara Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Carbonara, Vermicelli
- Ingredients: Egg, Garlic, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Bacon, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Healthy Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Sauteing
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 4 oz. (112g.) turkey bacon, cut in pieces
- 8 oz. (227g.) vermicelli pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to make Low Fat Vermicelli Carbonara directions
Bring salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat, add garlic and bacon and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until it becomes golden, stirring occasionally.
Place the pasta into the saucepan and quickly stir the beaten eggs. Add the cheese and bacon mixture and continue to heat for 2 to 3 minutes over a low heat. Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Low Fat Vermicelli Carbonara
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!