Low Fat Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Chicken, White Mushroom, Basil, Onion, Red Pepper, Salt, Spaghetti Sauce, Vegetable Oil, Cottage Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Diet Cooking, Healthy Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: First Course
- Cooking Styles: Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Cocktail Party
- 4 1/2 lasagna noodles, cut in half (9 halves)
- 5 oz.(140g.) ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 14 oz.(400g.) reduced fat spaghetti sauce
- 6 oz.(170g.) white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Low Fat Lasagna directions
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a mixing bowl, combine basil, 2/3 of the mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, salt and pepper.
Cook the ground chicken in a saucepan with vegetable oil, salt, and pepper until the chicken is tender.
Then, sauté the onion in the saucepan until it is clear. Stir in mushrooms and simmer the mixture until there is no liquid remaining. Stir the mixture with the chicken.
Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Cover the bottom of the dish with sauce, followed by 3 noodles, sauce, 1/2 of the cheese, and 1/3 of the chicken. Repeat this process until there are a total of 3 layers in the dish.
Bake the dish uncovered for 45 minutes, sprinkle mozzarella over the top of the lasagna, then cook for an additional 15 minutes. Remove the dish and let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Low Fat Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!