Lentil Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, Basil, Salt, Spaghetti Sauce, Lentil, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Diet Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Baking
- Courses: Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter
- Seasons: Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Picnic
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 6 lasagna noodles, cut in half
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 oz.(280g.) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 oz.(227g.) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
How to make Lentil Lasagna directions
Boil lasagna noodles in salted water for 8 minutes. Drain the pasta.
In a mixing bowl, combine parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, and basil.
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish, and evenly cover the bottom of the dish with the sauce. Layer 3 lasagna noodles, sauce, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese, and 1/3 of the lentils. Repeat the process of layering until there are 3 layers in the lasagna. Cover the top of the lasagna with a final layer of noodles and sauce. Cover with mozzarella cheese.
Cover the dish with foil and place the lasagna in the oven to bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until it begins to bubble. Remove and let the lasagna cool for 10 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Lentil Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!