Lemon Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Lemon Juice
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (2 oz. or 56g.) parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Lemon Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and reduce to a simmer on low heat.
In a skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté onion and garlic over medium heat until onion becomes soft. Add rice to coat, stir for 1 minute.
Ladle 1/2 cup of broth into the skillet and, stirring constantly, allow it to absorb before adding another 1/2 cup. Keep adding broth, letting each 1/2 cup absorb before adding another, until the rice is almost tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese, then lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Lemon Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!