Lasagna Casserole Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, Turkey, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Spaghetti Sauce, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Baking
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Homemade, Authentic, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 8 oz.(227g.) pasta shells, cooked
- 2 oz.(56g.) parmesan cheese, grated
- 28 oz.(785g.) spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz.(227g.) ground turkey
- 14 oz.(400g.) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Lasagna Casserole directions
Cook garlic, onion and ground turkey in a skillet with butter, stirring frequently. Once the turkey is cooked and the onion and garlic are tender, add a small amount of both salt and pepper. Remove the mixture from the heat.
Boil salted water in a large pot. Place the pasta in the boiling water to cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta.
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a mixing bowl, combine the pasta with ricotta cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, and basil. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Pour the contents of the mixing bowl into the dish and then cover both with the turkey and spaghetti sauce.
Cover the dish and bake the contents for 40 minutes. Cover the top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese. Then, return the dish to the oven and continue baking uncovered for 15 minutes or until the cheese begins bubbling. Remove the dish and let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Lasagna Casserole
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!