Lamb Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME50 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Lamb, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Salt, Butter, Chicken Stock, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 cup cooked, diced lamb roast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
How to make Lamb Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken stock and simmer on low.
In a skillet, sauté onion and garlic in butter until onion becomes tender. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Ladle in a half-cup of the warm chicken stock and, stirring constantly, cook until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding more stock, allowing each half-cup to be absorbed before adding more. Cook until only 1/4 cup stock remains. Rice should be al dente. It should take about 20-25 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
Mix in the lamb and remaining 1/4 cup stock. Heat through, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Lamb Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!