Lamb Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME110 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, Lamb, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Red Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Flour, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Cocktail Party, Everyday
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 32 oz.(900g.) ricotta cheese
- 10 oz.(280g.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 32 oz.(908g.) ground lamb
- 1 can (28 oz. or 800g.) diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Lamb Lasagna directions
Cook onion and garlic in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat until they become tender. Place the lamb in the skillet and continue to cook until the lamb browns. Add tomatoes (including the tomato juice), salt, and pepper. Increase the heat, and bring the mixture to a boil. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, and eggs.
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan with flour and slowly add milk. Stir constantly until the sauce begins to thicken. Season the mixture to taste with both salt and pepper.
Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, and evenly cover the bottom of the dish with the sauce. Layer 3 lasagna noodles, followed by 1/3 of the mixed cheese. Repeat this process until there are 3 layers. Then, cover the top with 3 more lasagna noodles, and the remaining sauce and parmesan cheese.
Cover the dish, place it in the oven, and bake the lasagna for 40 minutes. Remove the cover from the dish and return the lasagna to the oven to bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese becomes bubbly. Remove the lasagna and let it cool before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Lamb Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!