Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Soup
- Ingredients: Egg, Pork, Veal, Spinach, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Chicken Broth, Cilantro
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Soups, Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Homemade, Authentic
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Wedding
- 8 oz.(227g.) cavatelli pasta
- 1/2 pound (227g.) ground veal
- 1/2 pound (227g.) ground pork
- 1/3 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 12 cups chicken broth
- Salt and crushed red pepper to taste
How to make Italian Wedding Soup directions
Combine pork, veal, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, and cilantro in a mixing bowl and form the mixture into balls.
Place the meatballs in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the meatballs 6 to 8 minutes until they turn brown. Occasionally, turn the meatballs to prevent overcooking one side.
Heat broth to boiling in a large saucepan and add spinach. Boil the spinach for 5 minutes before adding meatballs and pasta to the mix. Once the mixture begins to boil again, reduce to medium heat, and cook at a slow boil for 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with both crushed red pepper and salt.
More Soup Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Wedding Soup
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!