Italian Tortellini Soup With Chicken Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Tortellini, Soup
- Ingredients: Chicken, Tomato, Basil, Black Pepper, Salt, Green Bell Pepper, Chicken Stock
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Soups, First Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 18 oz.(500g.) chicken tortellini
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 24 oz.(680g.) boneless chicken breast, cut in pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g.) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Tortellini Soup With Chicken directions
Place a saucepan over medium heat and melt butter. Add chicken to the saucepan and cook it 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, basil, green bell pepper, and stock. Bring the mixture to a boil.
Add tortellini to the mixture. Return it to a boil and reduce the heat. Stirring occasionally, simmer the soup uncovered for 10 minutes or until the tortellini becomes tender. Season the soup with salt and pepper and serve.
More Tortellini Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Tortellini Soup With Chicken
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!