Italian Tiramisu Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Tiramisu
- Ingredients: Chocolate, Sugar, Egg Yolk, Mascarpone Cheese, Ladyfinger, Espresso, Rum
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Courses: Dessert
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Desserts: Tiramisu Cake
- Dessert Types: Cakes
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 pound (454g.) mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- 1 1/2 cups espresso, cooled
- 2 packages ladyfingers (24 total)
- 1/2 cup chopped or shaved bittersweet chocolate
How to make Italian Tiramisu directions
Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar with the egg yolks until thick and light yellow, 4-5 minutes. Blend in the mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth and creamy. Slowly mix in 1 tablespoon espresso.
In a shallow bowl, combine the rum and remaining espresso. Briefly dip in 12 of the ladyfingers and arrange them on the bottom of a 13x9 inch dish. Gently spread half of the mascarpone mixture over this first layer of ladyfingers. Soak the remaining 12 ladyfingers in the espresso/rum and arrange on top of the bottom layer. Gently spread the remaining mascarpone mixture over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours but not more than 8 hours.
Sprinkle the bittersweet chocolate over the top of the tiramisu before serving.
More Tiramisu Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Tiramisu
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!