Italian Soup With Sausage Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Soup
- Ingredients: Carrot, Potato, Tomato, Red Pepper, Salt, Butter, Beef Broth, Sausage, Cilantro, Garbanzo Beans
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Simmering
- Courses: Soups, First Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Authentic
- Seasons: Summer, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Cocktail Party
- 8 oz.(227g.) Italian sausage
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 oz.(56g.) fiori pasta
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g.) beef broth
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g.) garbanzo beans
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g.) whole peeled tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Soup With Sausage directions
Strip the sausage of any outside casings, add it to a buttered pan, and cook for 5 minutes until the sausage browns. Add tomatoes, carrot, potato, broth, and season with both salt and pepper. Reduce the heat, cover the mixture, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add garbanzo beans to the soup, stir, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Stir pasta into the soup, and continue cooking until it becomes tender.
Remove the soup from the heat, and then sprinkle the top with cilantro.
More Soup Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Soup With Sausage
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!