Italian Soup With Mushrooms Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Soup
- Ingredients: Chicken, Carrot, White Mushroom, Red Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Soups, First Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Thanksgiving
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 10 oz.(280g.) fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 (14.5oz. or 400g.) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Soup With Mushrooms directions
Bring lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente. Do not overcook. Drain and set aside.
Melt butter in a large Dutch oven and add mushrooms. Cook until soft and light brown. Add chicken and carrots and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Add cooked pasta and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
More Soup Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Soup With Mushrooms
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!