Italian Sausage With Rice Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Sausages
- Ingredients: Rice, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Tomato Paste, Sausage
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 18 oz.(500g.) rice
- 8 Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz. or 800g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 oz.(170g.) tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Sausage With Rice directions
Boil salted water. Add rice to the water and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the rice 15 to 20 minutes. Once the rice is cooked, drain it using a colander and set it aside.
In a deep frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sausage and, turning occasionally, cook until browned. Add garlic and onion. Cook the mixture, stirring until the onion becomes soft. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cover the mixture and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer the mixture 8 to 10 minutes or until the sauce becomes thick.
Add rice to the mixture. Cook the mixture until thoroughly heated. Stir basil into the mixture and serve.
More Sausages Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Sausage With Rice
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!