Italian Sausage With Peppers And Tomatoes Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME35 minutes
- Dishes: Sausages
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Green Bell Pepper, Tomato Paste, Sausage, Yellow Bell Pepper
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 5 sweet Italian sausages, removed from casings
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Sausage With Peppers And Tomatoes directions
In a skillet, place the sausage and cook over medium heat. Brown the sausage on all sides. Remove the sausage from skillet and slice it.
In the skillet, heat olive oil and stir in garlic and onion. Cook for 3 minutes. Mix in yellow and green bell peppers. While stirring, cook the mixture until both the onion and peppers become tender. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and the Italian sausage slices. Stirring frequently, simmer the mixture over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve the sausage with pasta.
More Sausages Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Sausage With Peppers And Tomatoes
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!